ICBC warns against driving drowsy this long weekend ~ Tips to plan ahead, know the signs, take turns at the wheel.
Here’s a few more helpful tips to celebrate summer, live safely and prepare your vehicle for the long weekend drive…
- It’s worth repeating…know before you go—visit www.drivebc.ca.
- Check your vehicle’s fluid levels.
- Make sure the spark plugs and air filter are in working order for ideal gas mileage.
- Ensure the tires are not worn and are well aligned.
- Have the brakes inspected.
- Check the cooling system, ensuring the radiator is in ideal working condition and that hoses and belts are healthy.
- Be prepared for problems. Bring a quality spare tire and the necessary tools for changing a flat. Carry an extra bottle of water for the radiator, and make certain you have a well-functioning flashlight. Speaking of unexpected mishaps, getting roadside assistance coverage could ease the stress of going on a long road trip. The basic packages often offer services such as towing, tire repair, battery boosts, fuel delivery and locksmith help.
- Celebrate summer – but plan ahead for a safe ride home when alcohol’s part of the mix.
Mainroad Group wishes you and your family a safe and happy long weekend. This summer is a scorcher. Slip on a hat, slop on some sunscreen, stay cool and don’t forget to pack some bottled water wherever you go!