Website mainroadnisland Mainroad North Island Contracting LP
Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
Apprentice Mechanic | Mainroad North Island Contracting LP
An exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad North Island Contracting LP for an Apprentice Mechanic (2nd, 3rd or 4th year). The Apprentice Mechanic will be tasked with repairing and maintaining company vehicles and maintenance equipment. This position will be based out of Mainroad’s shop/yard in Cumberland, BC.
This is a unionized position, with all perks and other terms stated in the Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- 2nd, 3rd , or 4th year Apprentice in a Mechanical discipline (Commercial Transport, or Heavy Duty) is required.
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license is required.
- Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement (CVSE) Inspection Certification, or ability to obtain.
- Experience in highway maintenance and/or municipal equipment is an asset.
- Welding experience is an asset.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Capable of performing heavy physical duties.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work shifts (including night shift).
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Safety conscious.
Job duties include the following:
- Completing various repairs to fleet of road maintenance equipment including graders, loaders, pickups, tandem highway trucks, backhoes
- Completing, recording and reporting the appropriate documentation for any and all items requiring repair, maintenance or cleaning
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume to [email protected] Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.