Website mainroadteam Mainroad Group
Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
Benefits | Payroll Administrator
Due to an upcoming retirement, an exciting opportunity exists at the Mainroad Group for a Benefits and Payroll Administrator! This is a full-time (office-based) position based at Mainroad’s Corporate office in Cloverdale and will report directly to the Payroll & Benefits Manager.
This position will be approximately 75% benefits administration and remainder payroll administration.
The successful candidate shall have the following key qualities:
- Minimum 2-years’ experience related to administering group insurance
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (“CEBS”) designation (preferred).
- Minimum 2 years’ payroll
- Previous knowledge and experience administering pension
- Computer skills – Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook is a must. Must be tech savvy!
- Strong attention to details with ability to remember key facts and
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, including tactful and diplomatic interpersonal
- Strong learning agility and willingness to experience (and apply) new benefit concepts, practices, and processes.
- Excellent time management skills, well organized, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver results, on-time and
- Possesses a positive outlook, willing to learn, be a team player, and not afraid to ask
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism is a fundamental requirement of this position.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
A. Benefit Administration
- Meet with new employees to provide information regarding benefit
- Administering enrollments, terminations, and changes to employee group benefits
- Answering benefits questions/inquiries.
- Liaising with benefits consultant and benefits
- Updating annual premiums and employee contribution amounts in payroll
- Review benefit coverage levels and make recommendations, meet with benefit
B. Employee & Family Assistance Program (“EFAP”) Administration
- Liaise with LifeWorks and distribute EFAP materials to
- Process EFAP billing and quarterly
- Communicate and coordinate EFAP “Workplace”
- Co-coordinate with EFAP provider for critical incident response or workplace support for traumatic workplace incidents.
C. Disability Claims Management
- Liaise with disability claims management consultant on short-term disability (“STD”) and long- term disability (“LTD”) claims.
- Provide updates on STD and LTD claims with Operations management, as required.
D. Payroll & Pension Plans
- Administer assigned Payrolls and provide back-up to others within the Payroll
- Liase with external Pension Administrators (union).
- Administer Pension enrolment forms and discontinuance forms as well confirm pension
E. Other Duties
- Schedule annual influenza clinics and coordinate annual “Shake-Out BC Drill”.
- Draft and prepare (for distribution) benefit communications, memos, announcements,
- Undertake projects, or coordinate completion of projects, assigned by Payroll & Benefits Manager and/or VP, Human Resources.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to [email protected] Only short-listed qualified candidates will be contacted.