Website mainroadlm Mainroad Lower Mainland Contracting LP
Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
An opportunity exists at Mainroad Lower Mainland Contracting LP for a Bridgeworker. This full-time position is currently based out of Mainroad’s Cloverdale Yard and reports to the Bridge Foreman. This position is Entry Level to the Bridgeworker series.
The Bridgeworker position requires shift work on the bridge structures. Typical tasks include concrete deck patching, Swing Bridge mechanical maintenance , Pump Station maintenance and some heavy timber repairs as well as a variety of other typical construction work with power tools.
The Bridgeworker position is a long-term opportunity. The majority of Mainroad employees have been with the company for over 15 years.
The successful candidate will:
- work with others in a team environment;
- take direction from the supervisor and work unsupervised when required;
- practice safe work habits and follow Mainroad’s safe job procedures;
- carry out heavy physical labour as required;
- work different shifts, including extended periods of night shift;
- work outdoors and in any weather;
- work on and under bridge structures at varying heights;
- carry out a wide range of routine and/or complex repairs to timber, concrete and steel bridge components (e.g. joint repairs, concrete deck patching);
- learn to install traffic lane closures as specified by the traffic management plan;
- carry out pre-trip checks on equipment prior to use, according to motor vehicle act regulations and Mainroad policies;
- prepare electronic shift reports to record completed tasks;
- accurately complete and submit paper timecards every work day
The following additional qualifications are preferred:
- at least three (3) years of work experience in construction, highway maintenance or similar field
- experience with interpreting and implementing MOTI TMM
- fall protection training
We thank all interested candidates, please note only those that are shortlisted will be contacted.