Website mainroadgroup Mainroad Group
Your roads, your team—linking communities and families.
Due to an upcoming retirement in the fall, we are seeking a Communications Manager to lead the Communications team! This position is based out of Mainroad’s head office in Cloverdale and will report directly to the Vice President, Human Resources & Corporate Compliance.
Headquartered in Surrey’s Cloverdale community, “Mainroad Contracting” was established in 1988 when the provincial government privatized road and bridge maintenance services within British Columbia. 35 years later, the Mainroad Group celebrates a diversified portfolio of infrastructure businesses and is recognized as a leader in providing safe and reliable road maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure works and commercial building projects across Western Canada.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in the areas of Communications, Public Relations, Media Relations or Marketing, or equivalent experience in the related field(s).
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in the field of Corporate Communication & Marketing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is a requirement of this position.
- Possesses strong technical and creative writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, website management tools (WordPress), and analytics software.
- Social Media experience is essential.
- Must be a people person and customer service focused.
- Excellent time management skills. Well organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Graphic design experience is an asset.
- Ability to travel (fly or drive) within British Columbia and Alberta to our various locations; Class 5 drivers license required.
- Be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker with a keen sense of design and a willingness to bring innovative ideas.
- Energetic, willing to learn, is a team player and not afraid to ask questions.
- Be resourceful with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Demonstrates drive and can take initiative when required.
The Communications Manager will be assigned a varied workload. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Internal Communications (print and electronic):
- Crafting, editing, and proofing writing assignments for various internal audiences and multimedia purposes.
- Planning and maintaining an internal communications calendar and a Communications Department calendar.
- Performing Communications Department orientations and social media training/mentoring as per the Communications Protocol which this position maintains as required.
- Creating and setting strategies for company-wide employee communications via a central resource, our company intranet known as “Hub”.
- External Communications
- Crafting, editing, and proofing writing assignments for various external audiences and multimedia purposes.
- Planning and maintaining an external communications calendar and a Communications Department calendar.
- Liaising between highway maintenance operations and the province on public communication and response.
- Advising on and delivering best practice media relations and public engagement tools from season to season as well as determining best ways to promote community outreach as required.
- Providing support to Human Resources on all recruitment-related communication activities, events, coordinating advertising assignments and other tasks as required.
- Planning and scheduling of all seasonal highway maintenance and road safety campaigns (i.e., Slow Down Move Over, and Shift into Winter).
- Marketing & Corporate Sponsorship:
- Crafting, editing, and proofing writing assignments for various marketing and promotional materials (i.e., corporate brochure, scripts for radio, video, or event promotion, and advertising purposes).
- Managing the maintenance and performance of Mainroad Group company website(s) and social media content, and providing reports as required.
- Providing marketing and project management support.
- Coordinating with graphic design service on the artwork direction and delivery marketing materials (i.e., association, recruitment, and road safety related print & digital advertising, presentation development, contracting or product brochures, logo format requests, event invitations, etc.)
- Acting as a point of contact for external requests related to corporate sponsorships.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.