An opportunity exists at Cobra Electric Services Ltd. for concrete saw operator / labourer. These are a full-time position based out Cobra’s yard in Surrey and will report to the Lead Loop Cutter. The position is a union position with the IBEW 213.
Scope of work is as follows: Installation of traffic loops at various locations throughout the Lower Mainland. Work includes operating walk-behind saws, installation of loop materials, handling of loop sealant, installation of conduit underground, using truck mounted vacuum to collect loop sludge, site clean up, any additional work required.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Previous construction (civil operations) experience.
- Grade 12 education.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license. Driver’s abstract will be required.
- Experience with the following tools/equipment: walk-behind concrete saws, compressors, jack hammers, cut-off saws, plate tampers of various sizes, jumping jacks, trash pumps, gensets, light towers.
- Experience in working in traffic an asset.
- Experience towing various trailers.
- Ability to work shift work when needed (days, nights, or weekends possible).
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Willing to work in various weather conditions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and,
- Dedicated, committed and safety conscious.
Job duties include the following:
- Driving truck with trailer from Surrey yard to jobsites
- Loading and unloading equipment.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Loading, unloading and cleanliness of vehicle and equipment.
- Operating hand and power tools of all types.
- Maintain, clean and basic daily maintenance of equipment and tools as, as required.
- Perform physical labour in a variety of different construction projects.
- Operation of concrete saw, vacuum system, jack hammer when required.
- Handling of loop sealant.
- Will require some hand digging on site when needed.
- Reviewing site drawings and confirming site details.
- Communicating with Project Manager on daily progress.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to [email protected].