CONTRACTS MANAGER | Mainroad Alberta Contracting LP
Due to an internal promotion, an exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad Alberta Contracting LP for a self- motivated individual to join our team as our Contracts Manager. This position provides leadership, planning, organization, direction, coordination, and control to meet the Contract requirements and business objectives. This is a full-time salary position based out of our Red Deer, AB office and will report to and be mentored by the Director of Operations-Alberta Maintenance.
Mainroad Alberta Contracting was awarded two highway maintenance contracts by the Government of Alberta Transportation in August 2019. The maintenance contract oversees 4,600 kilometres of provincial highways surrounding and within the counties of Lacombe, Ponoka, Red Deer and Wetaskiwin known as Alberta Transportation Contract Maintenance Areas 515 and 516. Mainroad Alberta Contracting has operations yards in Winfield, Ponoka, Red Deer and Innisfail.
Mainroad Alberta Contracting LP is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee-owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, paid vacation time, the opportunity to join a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and the opportunity to purchase shares and become an owner of the Company!
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a leadership role in a relevant industry;
- Completion of a degree or diploma in Engineering, Business Administration or Construction Management is required, or an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and experience;
- Management experience with the ability to interpret applicable legislation such as Employment Standards is an asset;
- Demonstrated leadership – ability to lead by example, build a team environment and foster teamwork amongst staff;
- Ability to read and interpret contract documents;
- Ability to build relationships and interact with multiple clients, subcontractors, senior management,
- Ability to lead continual improvement;
- Knowledge of industry best practices, operations safety, and the ability to provide strategic innovative solutions;
- Ability to read and interpret financial reports;
- Ability to develop, plan and implement budgets, set goals and reach targets;
- Mentoring and coaching capabilities;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Computer skills and strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Knowledge of the maintenance and construction processes, cycles, workflows, safety codes, and quality standards.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures compliance against contract specifications;
- Liaises and leads partnering with key clients;
- Provides leadership and direction to personnel with the goal of meeting the job performance requirements of the government and outside work contracts obtained by the company;
- Develops, maintains and executes seasonal operational plans;
- Provides advice to managers within the organization of current issues and solutions;
- Receives and responds to non-compliance reports;
- Monitors routine budgets for government and outside contracts;
- Leads a positive safety culture within the business unit;
- Reviews all subcontracts and renews those that are required;
- Reviews and approves annual equipment purchase budgets;
- Monitors the maintenance of all facilities, including owned and leased;
- Monitors monthly budgets and develops and implements corrective action plans where appropriate;
- Maintains an ongoing staffing level monitoring program that will allow staffing level adjustments as required;
- Establishes and maintains the department’s Succession Plan with the appropriate career paths, training programs, and professional development plans;
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of each employee in a direct reporting relationship on a regular basis to ensure maximum career development and contribution to the Company; and
- Participates and sponsors various Operational
Interested applicants are asked to apply by submitting their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.