Raylec Power (Alberta)
An exciting opportunity exists at Raylec Power (Alberta) LP for an Electrical Foreperson to join our team. This is a full-time position based out of our yard in Rocky View County, Alberta and will report to the General Manager.
Raylec Power (Alberta) delivers roadway lighting and traffic signal installation as well as specialized electrical repair & maintenance services. Expertise and first-rate service is provided to a variety of commercial and industrial clients in the Southern and Central Alberta region.
Raylec Power (Alberta) LP is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee owned company recognized as a leader in providing safe and reliable road maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure works and commercial building projects across Canada.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, the opportunity to join a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and the opportunity to purchase shares and become an owner of the Company!
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the civil electrical field or a closely related electrical field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supervisor role preferably in the civil electrical field or a closely related field
- Journeyperson Electrician certification
- Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract is required
- Class 3 Driver’s License with an airbrake endorsement is preferred; Class 1 Driver’s License is an asset
- Strong knowledge of industry specifications and best practices
- In-depth understanding of streetlighting installation and controls and traffic signal installation and controls
- Strong knowledge of and related experience in underground civil works such as; trenching, conduit installation, concrete installation, and earth work
- Ability to interpret and execute contract specifications
- Prior experience operating some of, if not all of the following: forklift, plate compactor, jumping jack, dump trailer, pickup truck/flat deck and arrow truck
- Prior experience operating a crane, bucket truck, excavator/backhoe, and radial boom derrick (RBD)/digger derrick is an asset
- Mechanical knowledge to repair/maintain equipment
- Strong leadership, conflict resolution and planning skills
- Superior problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to accept new job responsibilities
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including owners, other supervisors and managers, subcontractors, designers, and trades people
- Reliable, positive attitude and willing/able to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform shift work (i.e. days, afternoons, nights)
- Willingness to work in extreme weather conditions
- Motivated, self-starter
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Traffic Control Person (TCP) certification
- Occupational First Aid (OFA) levels I, II and/or III
- Fall protection certification
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs supervisory and journeyperson electrician duties (working foreperson)
- Ensures that all employees know their roles and responsibilities, and fully understand the standards of performance and output expected
- Ensures that project deliverables are being completed on time and on budget
- Discusses plans with staff before commencing work to ensure that all pertinent information required for the job has been obtained and is available
- Ensures all safety and environmental programs are completed and fulfilled in a timely manner
- Ensures that all forms, permits, procedures and other documentation are available when required
- Attends and fully participates in regular staffing/scheduling meetings with the General Manager
- Preplans weekly requirements and oversees the preparation of the daily schedule that maximizes the use of available labour, equipment, and materials
- Monitors staff work methods and practices to ensure the use of sound and proven safety habits
- Ensures that a safe and secure work environment is provided and maintained for all employees
- Ensures all work operations are performed in accordance with the quality standards outlined in the Company Quality Assurance Program
- Supervises within the staffing budget, including temporary replacement requirements for illness, injury, vacations, special leaves, etc.
- Provides all necessary skills training to ensure employees can safely and effectively handle every aspect of their job responsibilities
- Maintains open communication with clients, subcontractors, vendors, and inspectors, and for preparing and disseminating reports as needed or required
- Installs electrical conduit, wiring, concrete bases, streetlighting structures, fixtures, and controls
- Operates equipment as needed such as forklift, plate compactor, jumping jack, dump trailer, pickup truck/flat deck and arrow truck
- Performs labour tasks as needed such as shoveling, working in trenches, hand trenching and backfilling
- Oversees inventory and stock such as receiving and counting stock items, ensuring storage is orderly and accessible, and picks up and delivers to/from designated sites
- Performs other duties as required
As this position may be required to work on projects and subjected to the employment requirements of a prime contractor, employment of a final candidate will be conditional upon completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol assessment with satisfactory results.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.