Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
An exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad Mid- Island Contracting LP (Service Area 02) for a self-motivated individual to join our team as an Equipment Manager. This full-time position will be based in Parksville, BC and will report directly to the General Manager.
This position provides leadership, planning, organization, direction, coordination, financial review, and oversight for regulatory requirements related to fleet asset operations.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for working with the Operations Team on creating and implementing an equipment strategy
- Manage the main maintenance shop(s), recording and logging of services performed, analyse costs, and prioritizes work orders
- Lead the equipment and maintenance team in the delivery of services and support for operations
- Assures compliance with regulations and safety requirements
- Establishes work schedules and repair and maintenance standards
- Prepares budget estimates for vehicle and equipment maintenance operations
- Consult and collaborate regarding equipment and procurement strategy
- Collaborates with Fleet Department on purchase, rental, or lease decisions
- Oversee equipment warranties and damage reports and manage accordingly
- Work with the Operations Team to oversee equipment, location, utilization, and movement
- Manages the corporate National Safety Code, Commercial Vehicle Inspection, and Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations
- Track equipment use, hours, revenues, and expense
- Monitor equipment operating costs
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in the areas of office administration and/or equivalent experience in a related field(s), is preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in highway maintenance, construction, or a closely related field.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Excellent proficiency in computer systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Automated Vehicle Location Services (AVLS) / Telematics, garage management systems for work orders & parts inventory management.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize various projects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Results-focused with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently with little or no supervision and as a team player.
- Experience building and enhancing working relationships with key clients and internal customers.
Interested applicants should forward their resume to email@example.com. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.