Equipment Operator (Electrical Industry)
Raylec Power (Alberta) LP
An exciting opportunity exists at Raylec Power (Alberta) LP for a capable Equipment Operator to join our team primarily operating our excavator and/or Radial Boom Derrick (RBD)/Digger Derrick. This is a full-time position based out of our yard in Rocky View County, Alberta and will report to the Operations Manager.
Raylec Power (Alberta) LP delivers highway street lighting and traffic signal installation as well as specialized electrical maintenance services. Raylec takes pride in providing expertise and first-rate service to a variety of commercial and industrial clients in the Calgary Region. Raylec Power (Alberta) LP is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee owned company recognized as a leader in providing safe and reliable road maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure works and commercial building projects across Canada.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Class 3 Driver’s License and Airbrake Endorsement with a clean driver’s abstract (or the ability to obtain within three (3) months from the date of hire)
- Prior experience operating a crane, bucket truck and excavator/backhoe
- Mechanical knowledge to repair/maintain equipment
- General knowledge of and related experience in underground civil works such as; trenching, conduit installation, concrete installation and earth work
- Ability to perform shift work (i.e. days, afternoons, nights)
- Willingness to work in extreme weather conditions
- Motivated, self-starter who has the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Team player with a positive attitude
The following is preferred:
- Prior experience operating a radial boom derrick (RBD)/digger derrick
The following would be considered an asset:
- Class 1 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
- Prior experience operating a forklift, plate compactor, jumping jack, dump trailer, pickup truck/flat deck and arrow truck
- Traffic Control Person (TCP) certification
- Occupational First Aid (OFA) levels I, II and/or III
- Fall protection certification
- An interest in pursuing a career in the electrical industry
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operating and using various types of equipment, including: radial boom derrick (RBD)/digger derrick, bucket truck, crane, excavator/backhoe, forklift, plate compactor, jumping jack, dump trailer, pickup truck/flat deck and arrow truck (as necessary, upon obtaining required training or certification)
- Shoveling work including: working in trenches, hand trenching and backfilling
- Landscaping and cleaning up road surfaces
- Receiving and counting stock items, ensuring items are stored in an orderly and accessible manner
- Handling of stock items including pick up and delivery, to/from designated sites
- Cleaning and maintaining supplies, tools, equipment and storage areas
- Traffic control, as required (upon, obtaining TCP certification)
As this position may be required to work on projects and subjected to the employment requirements of a prime contractor, employment of a final candidate will be conditional upon completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol assessment with satisfactory results.
Interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.