Website mainroadalberta Mainroad Alberta Contracting LP
An exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad Alberta Contracting LP for a self-motivated individual to join our team as a Foreperson (CMA 516). This is a new full-time salary position to support future growth. This position can be based out of our Red Deer or Innisfail office and will report to and be mentored by the Superintendent (CMA 516).
Mainroad Alberta Contracting was awarded two highway maintenance contracts by the Government of Alberta Transportation in August 2019. The maintenance contract oversees 4,600 kilometres of provincial highways surrounding and within the counties of Lacombe, Ponoka, Red Deer and Wetaskiwin known as Alberta Transportation Contract Maintenance Areas 515 and 516. Mainroad Alberta Contracting has operations yards in Winfield, Ponoka, Red Deer and Innisfail.
Mainroad Alberta Contracting LP is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee-owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, paid vacation time, the opportunity to join a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and the opportunity to purchase shares and become an owner of the Company!
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in highway maintenance, construction, or a closely related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supervisor role preferably in highway maintenance, construction, or a closely related field
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering, project management or a related field would be an asset
- Class 3 Drivers License with air brake endorsement, Class1 Driver’s License would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of industry specifications and best practices
- In-depth understanding of the various disciplines involved in the road and bridge maintenance process
- Ability to interpret and execute contract specifications
- Strong leadership, conflict resolution and planning skills
- Superior problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to accept new job responsibilities
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including owners, other managers, subcontractors, designers, supervisors, and trades people
- Reliable, positive attitude and willing/able to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures that all employees know their roles and responsibilities, and fully understand the standards of performance and output expected
- Discusses plans with the Lead Hands before commencing work and ensures that all pertinent information required for the job has been obtained and is available
- Ensures all environmental programs are completed and fulfilled in a timely manner
- Ensures that all forms, permits, procedures and other documentation are available when required
- Attends and fully participates in regular job staffing/scheduling meetings with the Superintendent
- Preplans weekly requirements and oversees the preparation of the daily schedules that maximize the use of available labour, equipment, and materials. These daily schedules are updated as and when required
- Monitors staff work methods and practices to ensure the use of sound and proven safety habits
- Ensures that a safe and secure work environment is provided and maintained for all employees
- Ensures all work operations are performed in accordance with the quality standards outlined in the Company Quality Assurance Program
- Manages within the staffing budget, including temporary replacement requirements for illness, injury, vacations, special leaves, etc.
- Provides all necessary skills training to ensure employees can effectively handle every aspect of their job responsibilities
- Maintains open communication with clients, subcontractors, vendors, and inspectors, and for preparing and disseminating reports as needed or required
Interested applicants are asked to apply by submitting their cover letter and resume by March 20, 2023. Please note that only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.