Live Local, Work Local with G&E!
G&E Contracting, a local Victoria Contractor since 1979
An opportunity exists at G&E Contracting LP for General Labourers. This is a full-time position based out G&E’s Langford yard in Victoria with jobsites in the local area, reporting to the Site Foreman.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Previous civil construction experience preferred.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Experience in civil operations including utility installation, road building and slab preparation a benefit.
- Experience with the following tools/equipment: cutoff saws, plate tampers of various sizes, jumping jacks, trash pumps, gensets, light towers, rigging chains and ride on compactors.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and,
- Dedicated, committed and safety conscious.
Job duties include the following:
- Loading and unloading equipment.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Operating hand and power tools of all types.
- Maintain, clean and repair machinery, equipment and tools as, as required;
- Perform physical labour in a variety of different construction projects.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.