Website Mainroad Chinook Contracting LP
Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
Heavy Equipment Technician/Mechanical Apprentice | 3rd or 4th Year
An exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad Chinook Contracting LP for an individual to join our team as our Heavy Equipment Technician/Mechanical Apprentice based out of our yard in Rocky View County, Alberta. This is a full-time position that reports to the General Manager and is mentored by the Journeyman Mechanic.
Mainroad Chinook Contracting LP is contracted by Chinook Highway Operations Inc. – a partnership between SNC-Lavalin Operations & Maintenance Inc. and Acciona Concessions Canada (2008) Inc. Mainroad Chinook takes pride in providing a variety of services such as road repair, snow removal and lighting maintenance for the Southeast Stoney Trail. The Southeast Stoney Trail Project is a public-private partnership (P3) between the Alberta Government and Chinook Roads Partnership and is one of the largest single P3 highway infrastructure projects in Alberta’s history.
Mainroad Chinook Contracting is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, paid vacation time, the opportunity to join a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and the opportunity to purchase shares and become an owner of the Company!
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- 3rd or 4th year heavy equipment technician apprentice is required.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract is required.
- Valid Class 3 Driver’s License with airbrake endorsement is preferred.
- Prior mechanical experience working on highway maintenance and/or municipal equipment (including tandem highway trucks, pickup trucks, loaders, etc.) is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations.
- Ability to acquire and record accurate information.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Capable of performing heavy physical labour.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Positive attitude with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Dedicated and committed.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures a wide range of Company vehicles and equipment, as assigned, are repaired and/or receive the specified maintenance in accordance with established standards.
- Maintains knowledge and skills at a level which enables ongoing effectiveness in handling all aspects of the work.
- Ensures co-workers, customers and members of the general public receive co-operation, service and respect at all times.
- Provides complete and timely records as required by Company policies and guidelines.
- Ensures all assigned tools and equipment are accounted for and are properly maintained.
- Performs other related duties and special assignments as required and assigned.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.