An exciting opportunity exists at Raylec Power (Alberta) LP for a capable Journeyman Electrician with Radial Boom Derrick (RBD)/Digger Derrick operating experience to join our team! This is a full-time position based out of our yard in Rocky View County, Alberta and will report to the Operations Manager.
Raylec Power (Alberta) LP delivers highway street lighting and traffic signal installation as well as specialized electrical maintenance services. Raylec takes pride in providing expertise and first-rate service to a variety of commercial and industrial clients in the Calgary Region. Raylec Power (Alberta) LP is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee owned company recognized as a leader in providing safe and reliable road maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure works and commercial building projects across Canada.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract is required
- Class 3 Driver’s License with airbrake endorsement is preferred
- Journeyman Electrician is required
- IMSA traffic signal technician training or certificate is considered an asset
- Prior experience operating a radial boom derrick (RBD)/digger derrick
- Prior experience operating some of, if not all of the following: crane, bucket truck and excavator/backhoe, forklift, plate compactor, jumping jack, dump trailer, pickup truck/flat deck and arrow truck
- Experience with streetlighting installation and controls is an asset
- Experience with traffic signal installation and controls is an asset
- Mechanical knowledge to repair/maintain equipment
- General knowledge of and related experience in underground civil works such as; trenching, conduit installation, concrete installation, earth work
- Ability to perform shift work (i.e. days, afternoons, nights)
- Willingness to work in extreme weather conditions
- Motivated, self-starter who has the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Traffic Control Person (TCP) certification
- Occupational First Aid (OFA) levels I, II and/or III
- Fall protection certification
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Installing electrical conduit, wiring, concrete bases, streetlighting structures, fixtures and controls
- Operating and using various types of equipment, including: radial boom derrick (RBD)/digger derrick, bucket truck, crane, excavator/backhoe, forklift, plate compactor, jumping jack, dump trailer, pickup truck/flat deck and arrow truck (as necessary, upon obtaining required training or certification)
- Mentoring and training apprentices and labourers
- Working independently with quality control, project schedule and cost in mind
- Completing required project and safety related paperwork and forms daily
- Shoveling work including: working in trenches, hand trenching and backfilling
- Landscaping and cleaning up road surfaces
- Receiving and counting stock items, ensuring items are stored in an orderly and accessible manner
- Handling of stock items including pick up and delivery, to/from designated sites
- Cleaning and maintaining supplies, tools, equipment and storage areas
- Traffic control, as required (upon, obtaining TCP certification)
As this position may be required to work on projects and subjected to the employment requirements of a prime contractor, employment of a final candidate may be conditional upon completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol assessment with satisfactory results.
Interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.