Mainroad Chinook Contracting LP
An exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad Chinook Contracting LP for a capable Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician to join our team! This is a full-time position based out of our yard in Rocky View County, Alberta and will report to the General Manager.
Mainroad Chinook Contracting LP is contracted by Chinook Highway Operations Inc. – a partnership between SNC-Lavalin Operations & Maintenance Inc. and Acciona Concessions Canada (2008) Inc. Mainroad Chinook takes pride in providing a variety of services such as road repair, snow removal and lighting maintenance for the Southeast Stoney Trail. The Southeast Stoney Trail Project is a public-private partnership (P3) between the Alberta Government and Chinook Roads Partnership and is one of the largest single P3 highway infrastructure projects in Alberta’s history.
Mainroad Chinook Contracting is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, paid vacation time, the opportunity to join a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and the opportunity to purchase shares and become an owner of the Company!
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Alberta Certificate of Qualification, and/or Interprovincial Ticket as a Mechanic is required (Heavy Equipment Technician is preferred).
- Valid Class 3 Driver’s License with airbrake endorsement and a clean driver’s abstract is required.
- Completion of the Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program (CVIP) or the ability to successfully complete the CVIP within three (3) months.
- Three (3) years’ experience as a Mechanic.
- Previous experience maintaining and repairing highway maintenance/snow removal equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations.
- Ability to acquire and record accurate information.
- Ability to work shifts (days, afternoons, nights), if required.
- Ability to work call-outs, weekends and overtime, if required.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Capable of performing heavy physical labour.
- Leadership skills and the ability to mentor an apprentice.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Positive attitude with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Dedicated and committed.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures a wide range of Company vehicles and equipment, as assigned, are repaired and/or receive the specified maintenance in accordance with established standards.
- Maintains knowledge and skills at a level which enables ongoing effectiveness in handling all aspects of the work.
- Ensures co-workers, customers and members of the general public receive co-operation, service and respect at all times.
- Provides apprentices and other assigned employees with coaching and mentoring.
- Provides complete and timely records and reports as required by Company policies and guidelines.
- Ensures all assigned tools and equipment are accounted for and are properly maintained.
- Performs other related duties and special assignments as required and assigned.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.