SPR Traffic Services (“SPR”) has an exciting opportunity for a team of Labourers to join our team based out of our Parksville & Nanaimo locations!
This is Casual / On Call work but some full-time hours will occur with varied tasks.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs activities such as general roadside maintenance (litter collection, grass cutting, tree/brush maintenance), highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance, drainage maintenance, traffic control, snow removal and emergency response.
- Ensures appropriate safety measures are adhered to.
- Records and reports all safety concerns or equipment malfunctions as required.
- Maintains vehicles at all times, keeping equipment properly serviced, including but not limited to greasing and fluid levels.
- Ensures vehicles are equipped with appropriate tools and devices to perform duties for the shift.
- Safely and clearly establishing work zones, including lane closures using appropriate signage and delineation devices.
- Ensures all materials and tools are properly secured before transporting
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Class 5 Driver’s License and a clean driver’s abstract is required
- Ability to work shifts (days, afternoons, nights), if required.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions
- Capable of performing physical labour
- Able to work in a team environment
- Dedicated and committed
- Willing to be cross-trained as required
- Able to operate hand tools (chain saws, weed-whackers, etc.) is an asset
- Previous experience operating light duty vehicles is an asset
- Previous experience towing trailers is an asset
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted further.