Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
Mainroad Alberta Contracting LP
An exciting opportunity exists for a Lube Technician with Mainroad Alberta Contracting LP (CMA 515) based out of our Ponoka, Alberta yard. This position will report directly to the Mechanical Supervisor and is for a 6-month term with the opportunity to be extended.
In 2019, the Government of Alberta awarded two highway maintenance contracts to Mainroad Alberta Contracting commencing on August 1, 2019.
Mainroad Alberta Contracting is part of the Mainroad Group which is an employee owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required (Class 3 with Airbrake Endorsement would be an asset)
- Minimum 1 year of experience servicing, maintaining, and repairing light duty vehicles (ie. pickup trucks and pressure washers) is required
- Experience with heavy equipment such as highway maintenance/snow removal equipment would be an asset
- Ability to acquire and record accurate information
- Ability to work shifts (days, afternoons, nights), callouts, weekends and overtime, if required
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions
- Capable of performing heavy physical labour
- Ability to work both independently with little or no supervision and as a team player
- Ability to organize and proactively take care of scheduled maintenance tasks
- Positive attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proficiency with technology
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Safety conscious
- Dedicated and committed
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performing the following duties related to the regular maintenance and servicing of vehicles (and heavy equipment as required) including, but not limited to:
- Changing oil.
- Checking transmission fluid and other fluid levels.
- Inspecting belts and filters.
- Checking air levels and gauges.
- Inspecting brakes.
- Checking brake fluid and engine coolant.
- Performing tire rotations.
- Inspecting tire inflation and wear.
- Changing “next service due” labels in vehicles and equipment following service.
- Reporting deficiencies found during preventative maintenance service to the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Completing electronic preventative maintenance sheets for every service and other maintenance records and documentation.
- Coordinating equipment service activities with operations.
- Communicating respectfully, professionally, and effectively with mechanical and operations staff.
- Assisting the Mechanical Supervisor with the following duties related to maintaining inventory of mechanical parts and supplies including, but not limited to:
- Receiving parts and entering them into the Garage Management System inventory.
- Billing all parts and oil used to the Garage Management System work order.
- Applying parts from the Garage Management System Inventory to Garage Management System work orders for the Journeyman Mechanics.
- Assisting in maintaining inventory of service kits, lubes, oils and other supplies.
- Assisting Journeyman Mechanics with minor repairs of vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Performing the following mechanical shop labour duties including, but not limited to:
- Organizing and storing parts and supplies to maximize storage space.
- Cleaning including sweeping, pressure washing, etc.
- Actively participating in assigned staff and operational meetings.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Mechanical Supervisor, or his/her designate.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.