Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP
An exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP for a Mechanical Apprentice who has completed their pre-apprenticeship to join our team! This full-time opportunity would be based in our yard in Parksville, BC and would report to the Equipment Manager.
Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP is responsible for servicing the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s 10-year contract for Service Area 2 covering Central Vancouver Island roughly between the communities of Chemainus (North Cowichan) and Bowser (Regional District of Nanaimo).
Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee-owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Completion of pre-apprenticeship is required (commercial transport, heavy-duty, or automotive)
- Valid Class 7 or 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract is required.
- Proficient in using computer software and programs (GMS/ Focus software) is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations.
- Ability to acquire and record accurate information.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Capable of performing heavy physical labour.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Positive attitude with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Dedicated and committed.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures a wide range of Company vehicles and equipment, as assigned, are repaired and/or receive the specified maintenance in accordance with established standards.
- Maintains knowledge and skills at a level which enables ongoing effectiveness in handling all aspects of the work.
- Ensures co-workers, customers and members of the general public receive co-operation, service and respect at all times.
- Provides complete and timely records as required by Company policies and guidelines.
- Ensures all assigned tools and equipment are accounted for and are properly maintained.
- Performs other related duties and special assignments as required and assigned.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.