Website mainroadmisland Mainroad Mid Island Contracting LP
Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP
An exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP for a Mechanical Apprentice who has completed their pre-apprenticeship to join our team! This full-time opportunity would be based in our yard in Parksville, BC and would report to the Equipment Manager.
Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP is responsible for servicing the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s 10-year contract for Service Area 2 covering Central Vancouver Island roughly between the communities of Chemainus (North Cowichan) and Bowser (Regional District of Nanaimo).
Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee-owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Completion of pre-apprenticeship is required (commercial transport, heavy-duty, or automotive)
- Valid Class 7 or 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract is required.
- Proficient in using computer software and programs (GMS/ Focus software) is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations.
- Ability to acquire and record accurate information.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Capable of performing heavy physical labour.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Positive attitude with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Dedicated and committed.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures a wide range of Company vehicles and equipment, as assigned, are repaired and/or receive the specified maintenance in accordance with established standards.
- Maintains knowledge and skills at a level which enables ongoing effectiveness in handling all aspects of the work.
- Ensures co-workers, customers and members of the general public receive co-operation, service and respect at all times.
- Provides complete and timely records as required by Company policies and guidelines.
- Ensures all assigned tools and equipment are accounted for and are properly maintained.
- Performs other related duties and special assignments as required and assigned.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume to [email protected] Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.