Cobra Electric Regional Services Ltd.
An exciting new opportunity exists at Cobra Electric Regional Services Ltd. for a self-motivated individual to join the team as our Operations Assistant! This position will be based out of our Port Kells (Surrey, BC) office and will report to the Electrical Engineering department.
Cobra Electric Regional Services Ltd. is a full-service traffic management and lighting systems company providing maintenance services to public and private sectors in the B.C. Lower Mainland. The company provides street lighting, traffic, and intersection electrical maintenance both on call and annual contract.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in the areas of office administration and/or equivalent experience in a related field(s), is preferred.
- Strong proficiency in computer systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint).
- Outstanding organizational skills is essential for this position
- Strong learning agility and a willingness to continually learn and develop.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required.
- Results-focused with a proven ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently with little or no supervision and as a team player.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs general data entry
- Maintaining document and process control
- Performs “BC1Calls”, requesting locate tickets to ensure safe digging for worksite crews
- Applying for permits from government organizations
- Conducting daily Drive BC checks online to ensure cameras are operating along Provincial Highways
- Maintains document and process control in both paper and electronic of records, permits, blueprints and contracts
- Coordinate materials with purchasing department for inventory stock
- Utilizing spreadsheets to track costs for active jobs
- Collects, analyzes, maintains and administers data essential for inventory management of equipment
- Dispatching work accordingly for crews on a daily basis
- Creating spreadsheets to prioritize and identify upcoming required work for the government
- Inputs and maintains manual and computerized information filing systems and ensures proper record of documentation.
- Answering phones with stakeholders promptly and politely assesses/interprets to meet their immediate needs
- Provides office scanning and filing in a timely manner
- Provides administrative support to management team by performing meeting minutes
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.