Operations Manager | Cobra Electric Services
An exciting opportunity exists at Cobra Electric Services Ltd for a self-motivated individual to join the team as our Operations Manager. This position provides leadership and direction to personnel with the goal of meeting the profit and growth objectives. This position is based out of our Port Kells office and will report to the General Manager.
Cobra Electric has been serving municipal, commercial, and industrial clients throughout the Lower Mainland, for 36 years. The company provides street lighting, traffic and intersection electrical maintenance both on call and annual contract.
Areas of specialization include:
- Street Lighting Installation and Maintenance
- Traffic Signal and Street Lighting Parts
- Traffic Signal Installation and Maintenance
- Circular Traffic Loops/Count Stations
- Movie Lighting Rentals
- Parking Lot Lighting
- Pole Painting
- Seasonal lighting
- Aerial Banners
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements operational priorities and strategic goals to provide direct reports with direction and prioritization of their operation to ensure maximum productivity and morale.
- Working with the General Manager, oversees the complete tendering and risk management function for the Operating Company.
- Assesses local market for operational growth opportunities.
- Meets routinely with direct reports to discuss personal and professional progress, challenges.
- Coaches and mentors direct reports in the understanding and execution of contracts.
- Drives a positive safety culture within the operation through safety leadership.
- Physically and frequently visits active work sites to promote employee engagement and complete contract performance and safety reviews.
- Implements annual performance goals with direct reports and ensures all required performance goals are implemented.
- Oversees requisitions for purchases of equipment, materials, operating supplies and/or professional services needed to meet the operational objectives while meeting the determined budget.
- Works with Project Managers to review and negotiate Subcontracts and take immediate action to adjust Subcontract agreements as necessary
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Completion of a degree or diploma in Engineering, Business Administration or Construction Management is highly preferred;
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in a management role in a relevant industry;
- Management experience in a unionized environment with ability to interpret collective agreements is an asset;
- Ability to interpret financial reports, implementing budgets and reaching targets;
- Computer skills and strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Ability to build relationships and interact with multiple clients, subcontractors, senior management, etc;
- Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract is required – Business travel is expected in this role;
- Journeyman Electrician is required;
- IMSA traffic signal technician training or certificate is considered an asset; and,
- Experience with traffic signal installation and controls is an asset
Interested applicants are encouraged to forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.