Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
An exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad East Kootenay Contracting LP for a self-motivated individual to join the team as our Operations Manager. This position provides leadership and direction to personnel with the goal of meeting the profit and growth objectives. This position is based out of our Cranbrook office and will report to the General Manager. This will be a 15-month contract position until the successful proponent for SA11 is announced, if successful this will turn into a permanent role.
Mainroad East Kootenay Contracting has provided highway maintenance services for this area of the province since 2001. The western contract boundary is east of and generally parallel to the Kootenay Lake; southern is the US border; eastern is the Alberta border; and northern is to the roundabout at Radium Hot Springs. Mainroad East Kootenay Contracting’s office is located in Cranbrook, British Columbia with four supporting maintenance yards in Cranbrook, Sparwood, Fairmont, Elko and Yahk.
Mainroad East Kootenay Contracting LP is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee-owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Completion of a degree or diploma in Engineering, Business Administration or Construction Management is highly preferred;
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in a management role in a relevant industry; high preference to highway maintenance;
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License;
- Management experience in a unionized environment with ability to interpret collective agreements is an asset;
- Ability to interpret financial reports, implementing budgets and reaching targets;
- Computer skills and strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Ability to build relationships and interact with multiple clients, subcontractors, senior management, etc.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides leadership and direction to personnel with the goal of meeting the job performance requirements of the government and outside work contracts obtained by the company;
- Continually review the Ministry Specifications with staff to ensure compliance and understanding
- Develops and oversees annual and seasonal plans
- Provides advice to managers within the organization of current issues and solutions;
- Reviews all subcontracts and renews those that are required;
- Receives, investigates and resolves customer and employee complaints.
- Submitting weekly schedules of contract work to the appropriate MOTI Ops Manager.
- Monitors routine budgets for government and outside contracts;
- Monitors unit costing and develops and implements corrective action plans where appropriate.
- Monitors and adjust staff levels as required by the changing job conditions and workloads.
- Monitors the maintenance of all facilities, including owned and leased;
- Participates in the Safety Committee.
- Promotes Safety Program
Interested applicants are asked to apply with their cover letter and resume at our website www.mainroad.ca. Please note that only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.