Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
Mainroad Chinook Contracting LP
An exciting opportunity exists for Operators with Mainroad Chinook Contracting LP based out of Rocky View County, Alberta. This position will report directly to the Foreman/General Manager.
The Mainroad Group is an employee owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, paid vacation time, the opportunity to join a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and the opportunity to purchase shares and become an owner of the Company!
The Winter schedule is 4 on, 4 off, 12-hour shifts with overtime available, and runs from October 15th – April 15th.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Class 3 Driver’s License with air brake endorsement and a clean driver’s abstract is required (Class 1 is an asset).
- Proficient in driving standard transmission.
- Three (3) years’ experience in related work.
- Previous experience operating highway maintenance/snow removal equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations.
- Able to acquire and record accurate information on motor vehicle accidents.
- Ability to work shifts (days, afternoons, nights), if required.
- Ability to work call-outs, weekends and overtime, if required.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to obtain a Traffic Control (TCP) Ticket.
- Ability to solve problems, adapt and think quickly on-the-fly.
- Capable of performing heavy physical labour.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Dedicated and committed.
Job duties include the following:
- Operating and driving trucks to haul asphalt and other material.
- Sanding, plowing snow, and salting highways/roads during snow events.
- Physical labour including clearing vegetation, patching potholes and other heavy lifting.
- Inspect multi-use pathways, highway shoulders, interchanges to ensure they are clear of debris.
- Carries out pre-trip and post-trip checks.
- Maintains concern for the safety and wellbeing of other road users.
- Traffic control as required.
- Other job duties as required.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.