Website mainroadteam Mainroad Group
Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
Payroll Administrator | Mainroad Group
An exciting career opportunity exists at the Mainroad Group for a Payroll Administrator. This is a full-time position based out of Mainroad’s Corporate office in Cloverdale. This position will report directly to the Payroll Manager.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years current payroll experience
- Payroll certification or designation is preferred
- Experience processing Alberta payroll is preferred
- Experience processing unionized payroll is preferred
- Remarkable knowledge of the principles and practices of a full-cycle payroll
- Exceptional keyboarding skills
- Well versed in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management and strong ability to prioritize work duties and projects
- Highly detail orientated
- Ability to collaborate with internal customers (ie. Employees) and government agencies and can quickly and effectively build strong working relationships
- Excellent “can-do” attitude
- Recognized for positive outlook and enthusiastic attitude
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently with little or no supervision
Job duties include, but not limited to, the following:
- Set up and maintain employee data, wage rates, and job classifications in Mainroad’s in-house payroll system – in transition to Eclipse.
- Accurately post hours, job classifications, pay codes, and equipment usage from daily timesheets.
- Significant amount of data entry duties.
- Prepare payroll reports and remittances on a bi-weekly basis.
- Review payroll journals and pay registers for accuracy and completeness.
- Process wage garnishment orders, including advising employees and making payments to appropriate government agencies.
- Calculate remittance of benefits premiums.
- Respond to payroll inquiries from employees, management and/or government agencies.
- Fully understand and apply provisions of Mainroad’s collective agreements relating to payroll administration.
- Respond to payroll inquiries related to interpretations of collective agreements.
- Prepare new employee personnel files.
- File payroll registers, payroll journals, employee timecards, T4’s, and monthly payroll reports.
- Monthly General Ledger reconciliation.
Interested applicants are asked to send their resume to [email protected]. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted further.