Payroll Supervisor | Mainroad Group
An exciting career opportunity exists at the Mainroad Group for a Payroll Supervisor. This is a NEW full-time (office based) position based out of Mainroad’s Corporate office in Cloverdale. This position will report directly to the Payroll Manager.
“Mainroad Contracting” was established in 1988 when the provincial government privatized road and bridge maintenance services in the province of British Columbia. A motivated group of former provincial employees banded together to pool their knowledge, skills, and resources to form what would become one of the most successful roadway maintenance companies in Western Canada.
Mainroad’s Payroll Department is a highly collaborative team environment that supports 19 operating companies and corporate office departments throughout British Columbia and Alberta. The successful candidate will thrive in working in a dynamic, fast paced environment and have a strong ability to multitask and meet deadlines. There is never a dull day working at Mainroad!
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years current payroll experience, preferably experience with a multi-payroll company
- Minimum 3 years with Payroll Supervisor experience
- Experience processing full-cycle non-union and multi-union payrolls
- PCP Payroll designation is required
- Knowledge of provincial payroll legislation for Western Canada
- Remarkable knowledge of the principles and practices of a full-cycle payroll
- Well versed in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management and strong ability to prioritize work duties and projects
- Highly detail orientated
- Ability to collaborate with internal customers and government agencies and can quickly/ effectively build strong working relationships
- Recognized for positive outlook and “can-do” attitude
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
The Payroll Supervisor has responsibilities and duties for the following activities:
- Lead and supervise a team of Payroll Administrators.
- Oversee compliance and application of multiple collective agreements, pension standards and Employment Standards
- Review all aspects of payroll
- Respond to payroll inquiries from employees and management
- Handling inquiries from external agencies such as from unions and Service Canada
- Reconciling all payroll general ledger and CRA accounts
- Ability to fully understand and interpret Mainroad’s (10 different) union collective agreements to ensure compliance with payroll administration.
- Respond to payroll inquiries related to interpretations of collective agreements.
- Calculating and processing monthly and annual payments
- Annual preparation and balancing of T4’s
Interested applicants are asked to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted further.