Website mainroadnisland Mainroad North Island Contracting
Your roads—your team, linking communities and families.
A new and exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad North Island Contracting LP for a Road Manager (Service Area 03). This is an excluded position that will be based in Campbell River, BC.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years maintenance, construction or related experience, experience in a unionized management/supervisory role;
- Completed post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering is preferred;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license (minimum requirement) with a clean driver’s abstract is required;
- Proficient with computer systems is essential;
- In-depth understanding in road and bridge maintenance and/or construction;
- Strong communication (both written and oral) and organizational skills;
- Basic estimating skills and/or experience;
- Creative problem-solver and negotiation skills;
- Flexibility to accept new job responsibilities;
- Ability to establish a good working relationship withemployees and stakeholders, including owners, other managers, subcontractors, designers, supervisors, trades people, the public and Government personnel; and,
- Reliable, positive attitude and willing/able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Job duties include the following:
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day maintenance operations from Gold River, Campbell River, Quadra Island and Cortes Island.
- Supports frontline staff to perform work safely and oversees the delivery of the safety management system.
- Ensures that site visits are conducted prior to construction and/or maintenance if unfamiliar with site and location.
- Discusses work with the Foreman before commencing work and ensures that all pertinent information required for the job has been obtained and available.
- Makes sure that all employees know their roles and responsibilities, and fully understands the standards of performance and output expected.
- Meets the expectations of Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure for level and quality of service.
- Preplans annual work including scheduling own forces and sub trades as required. Assists with the preparation of weekly and daily requirements that maximize the use of available labour, equipment and materials. Ensure daily, monthly, annual schedules are managed and developed.
- Ensures that technical problems are effectively analyzed and handled timely and appropriately. Contingency plans are developed for typical problems.
- Is responsible for maintaining open communications with the client, subcontractors, vendors and inspectors, and for preparing and disseminating reports as needed or required.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and driver’s abstract to [email protected]. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.