Website mainroadeastk Mainroad East Kootenay Contracting LP
Your roads, your team, linking communities and families.
ROAD MANAGER | Mainroad East Kootenay Contracting LP
Due to an upcoming retirement, a new opportunity exists at Mainroad East Kootenay Contracting LP for a Road Manager (Service Area 11). This is an excluded position that will be based in the Elk Valley region.
The successful candidates shall have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years maintenance, construction or related experience, experience in a unionized management/supervisory role;
- Completed post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering is preferred;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license (minimum requirement) with a clean driver’s abstract is required;
- In-depth understanding in road and bridge maintenance and/or construction;
- Strong communication (both written and oral) and organizational skills;
- Basic estimating skills and/or experience;
- Proficient with computer systems is essential and will be tested;
- Creative problem-solver and negotiation skills;
- Flexibility to accept new job responsibilities;
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including owners, other managers, subcontractors, designers, supervisors, trades people, the public and MoTI personnel; and,
- Reliable, positive attitude and willing/able to work in a fast-paced team environment
Job duties include the following:
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day maintenance designated area of responsibility.
- Ensures that site visits are conducted prior to construction and/or maintenance if unfamiliar with site and location.
- Discusses work with the Foreman before commencing work and ensures that all pertinent information required for the job has been obtained and available.
- Makes sure that all employees know their roles and responsibilities, and fully understands the standards of performance and output expected.
- Meets the expectations of MoTI for level and quality of service.
- Preplans annual work including scheduling own forces and sub trades as required. Assists with the preparation of weekly and daily requirements that maximize the use of available labour, equipment and materials.
- Ensures that technical problems are effectively analyzed and handled timely and appropriately. Contingency plans are developed for typical problems.
- Is responsible for maintaining open communications with the client, subcontractors, vendors and inspectors, and for preparing and disseminating reports as needed or required.
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.