Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
ROAD WORKER/ PLOW TRUCK OPERATOR
Mainroad Fraser Maintenance
Mainroad Fraser Maintenance is adding a Road Worker/ Plow Truck Operator to the team! This is a full-time night shift position based out of our Port Kells Yard in Langley, BC.
*Please note for training purposes this position will be on day shift to begin until training is successfully completed.
Mainroad Fraser Maintenance provides operations, maintenance, and rehabilitation services for the South Fraser Perimeter Road. Mainroad is contracted to the Fraser Transportation Group Partnership a joint venture between ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc. and Ledcor Industrial/Mining Group Ltd.
SFPR is approximately a 40km long, four-lane, 80km/hr route along the south side of the Fraser River from Deltaport Way in southwest Delta to 176th Street (Highway 15) in Surrey. This stretch of highway is an essential connection between ferry terminals in Tsawwassen to British Columbia’s interior via Highways 1, 15, 17, 91, 99 and TransLink’s Golden Ears Bridge as well as being a significant improvement in the transportation of goods requiring access to and from Delta and Surrey Ports.
The successful candidates shall have the following qualifications:
- Class 3 driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement and a clean driver’s abstract is required
- Minimum two (2) years’ driving experience is preferred
- Previous experience in highway maintenance and/or municipal roadway operations is an asset
- Willing to work in all weather conditions
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Dedicated and committed to providing safe and reliable highways for the driving public
Job duties include the following:
- Carries out pre & post-trip inspections on equipment
- Provides safe and clearly established lane closures as per the BC Traffic Management Manual for Work on Roadways
- Performs maintenance tasks related to road works including, pothole patching, hand cutting of grass and brush, barrier maintenance and other related duties
- Collect and dispose of debris encountered during patrols and as/when encountered throughout the right of way within the appropriate response times.
- Responsible for operation of salt trucks including snowplows with wing attachment, brine applications and all related winter operations in snow events.
This position is a nightshift position: 4 on (10hr/shift) 3 off shifts 8:00pm to 6:00am
Please forward your resume and driver’s abstract to email@example.com. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.