An exciting opportunity exists for a Safety Advisor at the Mainroad Group, based out of our Duke Point office in Nanaimo, BC. This position will report directly to the Corporate HSSE Manager, with daily interactions and responsibilities to the General Manager of Raylec Power.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a safety role is preferred. Construction experience and / or electrical experience is an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in computer systems & software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Vancouver Island and drive in adverse weather conditions.
- Diploma, Certification or a combination of training in Occupational Health and Safety is an asset.
- Professional Safety Designation or ability to obtain.
- COR Auditor Certification is preferred or ability to obtain.
- Knowledge of BC Traffic Control Standards and certification in Traffic Control is seen as an asset.
- Prior environmental training and/or experience is preferred.
- Confined Space & Prime Contractor experience is an asset.
- Prior experience developing and delivering training is an asset.
- Ability to work both independently with little or no supervision and in a team environment.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Efficient time management skills are essential.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review and update hazard assessments, assist with hazard assessments for new activities.
- Write and update Safe Job Procedures and Safe Work Practices as needed.
- Complete incident investigations and submit to regulatory agencies/customers.
- Ensure inspections and toolbox meetings are completed as required.
- Oversee daily hazard assessment completion.
- Develop Exposure Control Plans.
- Assist with the assessment and review of subcontractors.
- Oversee the completion of site and new employee orientations.
- Provide training to staff and management on program elements.
- Conduct emergency drills.
- Train workers on safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Oversee new and young worker monitoring.
- Manage and assist in the education of the RTW Program.
- Regulate audit schedule and complete task audits.
- Verify compliance to regulations (through audits, inspections, record and review observations).
- Document the safety program and ensure required information is posted and available to staff.
- Report statistical information (including all incidents) to Mainroad Corporate HSSE Staff.
- Lead all staff in safety culture. Provide resources for safety questions and issues.
- Track and manage non-conformities and other required corrective actions.
Interested applicants are asked to forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please note that only qualified, shortlisted candidates will be contacted further. The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal record/background check.