Website mainroadteam Cobra Electric Interior Services
Lighting the way for communities and families
Safety Advisor | COBRA ELECTRIC INTERIOR SERVICES
An exciting opportunity exists with the Mainroad Group for a Safety Advisor based out of our Kelowna or Kamloops office. This position will report directly to the Mainroad Group Compliance Department.
Cobra Electric has been serving municipal, commercial, and industrial clients throughout the Lower Mainland, for 36 years. The company provides street lighting, traffic and intersection electrical maintenance both on call and annual contract. Areas of specialization include:
- Street Lighting Installation and Maintenance
- Traffic Signal and Street Lighting Parts
- Traffic Signal Installation and Maintenance
- Circular Traffic Loops/Count Stations
- Parking Lot Lighting
- Pole Painting
- Seasonal lighting
- Aerial Banners
We have main yard locations in Kelowna (head office), Nelson, Kamloops and Williams Lake. In this position, the Safety Advisor will have to travel throughout the electrical service area.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a safety role. Construction experience is an asset.
- Diploma, Certification or a combination of training in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Professional Safety Designation (minimum NCSO or HSA Designation).
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License – Heavy business travel is expected in this role.
- Prior environmental training and/or experience is beneficial.
- Advanced proficiency in computer systems & software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Prior experience developing and delivering training is required.
- Strong learning agility.
- Ability to work both independently with little or no supervision and in a team environment.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Efficient time management skills are essential.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review and update hazard assessments, assist with hazard assessments for new activities.
- Write and update Safe Job Procedures and Safe Work Practices as needed.
- Lead and guide incident investigations.
- Verify inspections and toolbox meetings are completed as required.
- Oversee daily hazard assessment completion.
- Assist with hazard assessments for projects.
- Develop Exposure Control Plans as required.
- Assist with the assessment and review of subcontractors.
- Oversee the completion of site and new employee orientations.
- Provide training to staff and management on program elements.
- Coaching supervisors and workers the understanding of safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Verify new and young worker monitoring and competency verification.
- Manage and assist in the education of the RTW Program.
- Develop and regulate audit schedule and complete task audits.
- Verify compliance to regulations (through audits, inspections, record and review observations).
- Deliver the safety program and ensure required information is posted and available to staff.
- Verify the effectiveness of safety committees.
- Report statistical information (including all incidents) to Mainroad Corporate Compliance Staff.
- Lead all staff in safety culture. Provide resources for safety questions and issues.
- Track and manage non-conformities and other required corrective actions.
- Perform field and task audits on weekly basis.
Interested applicants are asked to forward their resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note that only qualified, shortlisted candidates will be contacted further.