Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
SEASONAL SNOWPLOW TRUCK DRIVERS | EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
Mainroad East Kootenay Contracting LP
Mainroad Group has been a leader in BC’s highway maintenance industry for over 30 years and are rapidly growing. As a result, we are looking for outstanding individuals who are committed to providing safe and reliable highways this winter season!
Mainroad East Kootenay Contracting LP is currently looking for Seasonal Snowplow Truck Drivers (Equipment Operators). This is a casual, on-call position, based out of Cranbrook and Elk Valley for the duration of the winter season until approximately April 2023.
Operators must have the ability to work on call shifts 24/7, including graveyard shifts. They will be responsible for operating & driving sanding, plowing, and salting trucks during snow events. Operators will be placed on a call-out list and contacted when a snowfall event starts or is anticipated.
The successful candidates shall have the following qualifications:
- Class 1 or 3 driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement and a clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to drive a truck, run a loader, and skilled in driving standard transmission
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions
- Previous experience in construction and/or highway maintenance is an asset
- Mechanical skills and ability to learn quickly
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
Job duties include the following:
- Sanding, plowing snow, and salting highways/roads during snow events
- Clearing of litter, debris, and roadkill
- Operating and driving trucks to haul material
Please forward your resume and driver’s abstract to [email protected]. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.