An opportunity exists at G&E Contracting LP for a Site Foreman. This is a full-time position based out G&E’s Langford yard in Victoria with jobsites in the local area, reporting to the Operations Manager.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years in a supervisory role
- Relevant experience in civil construction
- Proven ability to liaison with clients
- Firm grasp on job costs
- Able to mentor and lead young workers
- Dedicated, committed and safety conscious.
- Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract is required
Job duties include the following:
- Communication with Project Manager regarding project needs and performance.
- Site purchasing as needed
- Directing the excavation and installation of drain and sewer lines plus connections
- Working around excavation equipment and shoring systems
- Installing water/sewer and drainage utilities
- Accurately grade trenches for pipe installation
- Establishing layout and grading for road works
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.