An exciting opportunity exists for a 6-month contract Social Media Coordinator to join Mainroad’s Communications Team! This full-time 6-month contract position is based out of Mainroad’s head office (minimal remote working) in Surrey, Cloverdale, B.C. and will report directly to the Communications Manager.
In this role, you will focus on delivering various digital media services i.e. coordinate social media campaigns, support community outreach, write & publish updates on our website and employee intranet, and take on additional projects as required.
Mainroad’s Communications Department is a highly collaborative team environment that supports 17 operating companies and corporate head office departments. The successful candidate will thrive in working in a dynamic, fast paced environment and have a strong ability to multitask and meet deadlines. There is never a dull day working at Mainroad!
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in the areas of Communications, Public Relations, Media Relations or Marketing, or equivalent experience in the related field(s).
- 2-3 years’ experience managing business social media platforms (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter), creating digital content and engaging with online audiences is required.
- Computer skills – Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint and WordPress experience. Must be tech savvy!
- Experience with social media management tools such as Sprout Social or Hootsuite is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent time management skills. Well organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be a people person and customer service focused.
- Strong technical, creative writing skills – internal reporter/ journalist.
- Creative design sense and innovative ideas are welcome.
- Energetic, willing to learn, is a team player and not afraid to ask questions.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, & statutory holidays as required.
- Build and maintain an effective content calendar
- Support the Communications Manager in measuring social media performance (i.e., pulling reports, reviewing analytics, monitoring trends, etc.)
- Liaise with Mainroad’s operations to ensure that all digital content is planned, uploaded and executed in a timely manner
- Write, proofread, edit and publish content for multiple communication channels
- Monitor public’s engagement on social media accounts regarding Mainroad Group companies
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Multimedia Coordinator on various communication initiatives