Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
TRADE JOURNEYMAN BRIDGEWORKER (OR APPRENTICE)
We are looking at expanding our team! An exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP for a Year 2 or 3 Apprentice Bridgeworker or Trade Journeyman Bridgeworker. This position is based out Mainroad’s yard in Parksville and will report to the Bridge Foreman.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Secondary school graduate is required
- 2 year Apprentice in either Piledriver or Bridgeworker
- Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement, and clean driver’s abstract is preferred
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in highway/bridge maintenance or related field is preferred
- Crane operator certificate for boom/folding crane is preferred
- Willing and able to work on top of and under bridge structures of varying height
- Crane operator certificate for boom/folding crane is preferre
- Capable of performing heavy physical labour
- Ability to work different shifts
- Safety conscious, possess willingness to learn and practice safe work habits, and actively participate in worksite safety in general
- Willing to work outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Willing and able to work on top of and under bridge structures of varying heights
- Able to travel for periods of time
- Able to work within a team environment
- Able to take direction and instructions
Job duties include the following:
- Carries out pre-trip checks such as brakes, steering, windshield wipers, fluid levels and circle check.
- Carries out a wide range of routine and complex repairs to timber, concrete and steel bridges such as joint repairs and deck patching.
- Maintains, repairs and cleans Bridges as well as Complete other Projects.
- Records and promptly reports on the appropriate documentation any and all items requiring repair, maintenance or cleaning.