Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
Trade Journeyman Mechanic (TJM)
An exciting career opportunity exists at Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP for a Trade Journeyman (TJM) Mechanic based out of either Mainroad’s Port Alberni or Parksville yards! The TJ Mechanic will be tasked with repairing and maintaining company vehicles and equipment among other duties. This is a unionized position, with all perks and other terms stated in the Collective Agreement.
Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP is responsible for servicing the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s 10-year contract for Service Area 2 covering Central Vancouver Island. Mainroad is an employee-owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- B.C. Certificate of Qualification, and/or Interprovincial Ticket as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic Commercial Transport, or Truck & Transport Mechanic is required.
- Valid class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement is required.
- Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement (CVSE) Inspection Certification is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 (three) years’ experience as a Mechanic is an asset.
- Experience in highway maintenance and/or municipal equipment is an asset.
- Welding experience is an asset.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Capable of performing heavy physical duties.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work shifts (including night shift).
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Dedicated and committed.
Job duties include the following:
- Completing various repairs to fleet of road maintenance equipment including graders, loaders, pickups, tandem highway trucks, backhoes
- Completing, recording and reporting the appropriate documentation for any and all items requiring repair, maintenance or cleaning
Interested applicants are asked to apply with their resume at our website www.mainroad.ca. Please note that only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.