Your road, your team. Linking communities and families.
Trade Journeyman Mechanic | Mainroad North Island Contracting LP
An exciting career opportunity exists at Mainroad North Island Contracting LP for a Trade Journeyman (TJM) Mechanic. The TJ Mechanic will be tasked with repairing and maintaining company vehicles and equipment among other duties. This position will be based out of Mainroad’s shop/yard in Campbell River, BC. This is a unionized position, with all perks and other terms stated in the Collective Agreement.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- B.C. Certificate of Qualification, and/or Interprovincial Ticket as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic Commercial Transport, or Truck & Transport Mechanic is required.
- Valid class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement is required.
- Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement (CVSE) Inspection Certification is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 (three) years’ experience as a Mechanic is an asset.
- Experience in highway maintenance and/or municipal equipment is an asset.
- Welding experience is an asset.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Capable of performing heavy physical duties.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work shifts (including night shift).
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Dedicated and committed.
Job duties include the following:
- Completing various repairs to fleet of road maintenance equipment including graders, loaders, pickups, tandem highway trucks, backhoes
- Completing, recording and reporting the appropriate documentation for any and all items requiring repair, maintenance or cleaning
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To learn more about our dynamic company, please visit our website at www.mainroad.ca.