Your roads — your team, linking communities and families.
An unique career opportunity exists at Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP for a Trade Journeyman (TJ) Mechanic. The TJ Mechanic will be tasked with repairing and maintaining company vehicles and equipment among other duties. This full-time unionized position ($34.93/hr) will be based out of Mainroad’s shop/yard in Port Alberni, BC.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- B.C. Certificate of Qualification, and/or Inter-provincial Ticket as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic Commercial Transport, or Truck & Transport Mechanic is required.
- Valid class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement is required.
- Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement (CVSE) Inspection Certification is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 (three) years’ experience as a Mechanic is an asset.
- Experience in highway maintenance and/or municipal equipment is an asset.
- Welding experience is an asset.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Capable of performing heavy physical duties.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work shifts (including night shift).
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Dedicated and committed.
Job duties include the following:
- Completing various repairs to fleet of road maintenance equipment including graders, loaders, pickups, tandem highway trucks, backhoes
- Completing, recording and reporting the appropriate documentation for any and all items requiring repair, maintenance or cleaning.