Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
WINTER HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE DRIVER (CASUAL)
Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP
Mainroad Group has been a leader in BC’s highway maintenance industry for over 30 years and is rapidly growing. As a result, we are looking for outstanding individuals who are committed to providing safe and reliable highways this winter season!
Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP is currently looking for Highway Maintenance Driver/Labourers. These are casual, on-call positions and are for the duration of the winter season until approximately April 2023.
Positions are available at the following yards:
- Port Alberni
- Lasqueti Island
- Gabriola Island
Drivers must have the ability to work on call shifts 24/7, including graveyard shifts. They will be responsible for operating & driving sanding, plowing, and salting trucks during snow events. Drivers will be placed on a call-out list and contacted when a snowfall event starts or is anticipated.
The successful candidates shall have the following qualifications:
- Class 1 or 3 driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement and a clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to drive a truck, run a loader, and skilled in driving standard transmission
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions
- Previous experience in construction and/or highway maintenance is an asset
- Mechanical skills and ability to learn quickly
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
Job duties include the following:
- Sanding, plowing snow, and salting highways/roads during snow events
- Clearing of litter, debris, and roadkill
- Operating and driving trucks to haul material
Please forward your resume and driver’s abstract to [email protected]. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.