Planning to take in the upcoming solar eclipse? Please take a moment to review ICBC’s safe driving tips:
- Please don’t attempt to take a solar selfie while driving.
- Please don’t wear solar eclipse glasses while driving.
- Don’t look up at the eclipse while driving. Know that regular sunglasses aren’t enough to protect your eyes.
- Turn your headlights on and don’t rely on your automatic headlights.
- Don’t park on any highway shoulder or in any ditch area. That can not only be dangerous for you and other drivers, but a person’s car exhaust could start a grass fire.