Website mainroadteam Raylec Power Alberta
Lighting the way for communities and families
An exciting opportunity exists at Raylec Power (Alberta) LP for a capable Electrical Apprentice to join our team! This is a full-time position based out of our yard in Rocky View County, Alberta and will report to the General Manager.
Raylec Power (Alberta) LP delivers highway street lighting and traffic signal installation as well as specialized electrical maintenance services. Raylec takes pride in providing expertise and first-rate service to a variety of commercial and industrial clients in the Calgary Region. Raylec Power (Alberta) LP is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee-owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract is required
- Current 1st, 2nd or 3rd year Electrical Apprentice
- Motivated, self-starter
- Team player with a positive attitude
The following skills would be considered an asset:
- Air Brake Endorsement
- Prior experience operating equipment like: forklift, plate compactor, jumping jack, dump trailer, pickup truck/flat deck and arrow truck
- Experience with streetlighting or traffic signals
- Mechanical knowledge to repair/maintain equipment
- General knowledge of underground work such as; trenching, conduit installation, concrete installation, earth work
- Ability to perform shift work (i.e. days, afternoons, nights)
- Willingness to work in extreme weather conditions
- Willingness to work at heights (bucket truck and crane basket)
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working with and learn from Journeyman Electricians
- Mentored and taught the electrical trade
- Installing electrical conduit, wiring, concrete bases, streetlighting structures, fixtures and controls
- Actively participating and engaging in the company’s health and safety program
- Shovelling work including: working in trenches, hand trenching and backfilling
- Using various types of equipment, including: forklift, plate compactor, jumping jack, dump trailer, pickup truck/flat deck and arrow truck (as necessary, upon obtaining required training or certification)
- Handling of electrical installation materials
- Cleaning and maintaining supplies, tools, equipment and storage areas
- Traffic control, as required (upon obtaining TCP certification)
- Other related duties as required
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.