Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
Bridgeworker (Bridge Apprentice)
We are looking at expanding our team! An exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP for Trade Journeyman Bridgeworkers and/or Bridge Apprentices in 2nd or 3rd year! This position will be based out Mainroad’s yard in Parksville and will report to the Bridge Foreman.
Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting LP is responsible for servicing the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s 10-year contract for Service Area 2 covering Central Vancouver Island. Mainroad is an employee-owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Secondary school graduate is required
- Trade Journeyman Piledriver & Bridgeworker, Carpentry, or equivalent certificate in a related field is required
- Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement, and clean driver’s abstract is required
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in highway/bridge maintenance or a related field is preferred
- Crane operator certificate for boom/folding crane is preferred
- Capable of performing heavy physical labour
- Ability to work different shifts
- Safety conscious, possess willingness to learn and practice safe work habits, and actively participate in worksite safety in general
- Willing to work outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Willing and able to work on top of and under bridge structures of varying heights
- Able to travel for periods of time
- Able to work within a team environment
- Able to take direction and instructions
Job duties include the following:
- Carries out pre-trip checks such as brakes, steering, windshield wipers, fluid levels and circle check.
- Carries out a wide range of routine and complex repairs to timber, concrete and steel bridges such as joint repairs and deck patching.
- Maintains, repairs and cleans Bridges as well as Complete other Projects.
- Records and promptly reports on the appropriate documentation any and all items requiring repair, maintenance or cleaning.
Interested applicants are asked to apply with their resume at our website www.mainroad.ca. Please note that only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.