Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families
An exciting opportunity exists at the Mainroad Group for a self-motivated individual to join our team as our Director of Operations – Alberta Maintenance. This position provides leadership, planning, organization, direction, coordination, and control to meet the profit and growth objectives of the Company. This position could be based out of our Red Deer or Calgary locations.
This position will oversee the operations for both Mainroad Chinook Contracting LP and Mainroad Alberta Contracting LP, as well as support future growth.
Mainroad Group is an employee-owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, paid vacation time, the opportunity to join a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and the opportunity to purchase shares and become an owner of the Company!
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Civil Engineering Degree or Diploma, Business Degree, and/or Construction Management Degree or Diploma is preferred;
- Ten (10) years direct work experience in a project management capacity, maintenance operations experience is preferred. Experience working with multidiscipline projects including civil construction, construction management, and/or design-build construction projects;
- Strong commercial and financial acumen;
- Proven track record of implementing, monitoring and championing corporate safety programs and training;
- Management experience in a unionized environment with ability to interpret collective agreements is an asset
- Demonstrated senior leadership – ability to lead by example, build a team environment and foster teamwork amongst staff
- Computer skills and strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of the maintenance and construction processes, cycles, workflows, safety codes, quality standards.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coaches, mentors and supervises direct reports and influences them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned works/projects;
- Reviews financial performance of operating companies and makes recommendations to direct reports and Executives regarding corrective action to be taken when necessary;
- Reviews contractual performance of the operating companies to ensure contract compliance;
- Builds, develop and grows quality relationships with Clients;
- Builds and leverages business relationships for new business opportunities;
- Closely monitors, tracks and report on seasonal milestones, deliverables, and performance alignment with the long-term Corporate Strategic Plan on a monthly basis.
- Monitor and share best practices and improvement across operating companies on the management of the delivery model.
- Participates in site visits, Client meetings, and presentations where applicable;
- Attends technical and professional association meetings and seminars to keep abreast of technological developments and/or regulatory changes;
- Support company growth within the region;
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of each employee in a direct reporting relationship on a regular basis to ensure maximum career development and contribution to the Company;
- Significant business travel is required.
Interested applicants are asked to send their resume including a cover letter to email@example.com by September 23, 2022, at 1:00pm.
Please note, testing and assessments will be included in the hiring process. Only short-listed, qualified candidates will be contacted.