Website mainroadalberta Mainroad Alberta Contracting LP
An exciting opportunity exists for an Operator with Mainroad Alberta Contracting LP (CMA 515) based out of our Ponoka yard. This position will report directly to the Foreman or Lead Hand.
In 2019, the Government of Alberta awarded two highway maintenance contracts to Mainroad Alberta Contracting commencing on August 1, 2019.
Mainroad Alberta Contracting is part of the Mainroad Group which is an employee owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, paid vacation time, the opportunity to join a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and the opportunity to purchase shares and become an owner of the Company!
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Class 3 Driver’s License with air brake endorsement and a clean driver’s abstract is required (Class 1 preferred).
- Three (3) years’ experience in related work.
- Previous experience operating highway maintenance/snow removal equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations.
- Able to acquire and record accurate information on motor vehicle accidents.
- Ability to work shifts (days, afternoons, nights), if required.
- Ability to work call-outs, weekends and overtime, if required.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Capable of performing heavy physical labour.
- Able to work within a team environment.
- Dedicated and committed.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs activities such as traffic control, emergency responses, highway surface maintenance, right-of-way maintenance (fence repair, litter pick-up, grass cutting, shrub/tree maintenance, embankment repair, etc.), highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance/grading, plowing, sanding/salting, drainage maintenance, etc.
- Uses the appropriate equipment and relevant functions to maximize cost effectiveness.
- Investigates and records all potential or actual equipment malfunctions or needs for maintenance, repair or cleaning on the appropriate form(s).
- Maintains vehicles in orderly condition at all times and keeps equipment properly serviced including but not limited to greasing and fluid levels.
- Ensures vehicles are equipped with appropriate small tools and materials to perform duties. Minor debris clean up, pot-hole repairs and minor vehicle repairs and any/all required/ planned highway maintenance activities within specification.
- Ensures all materials and tools are properly secured at all times before leaving the yard and when travelling between job locations.
- Performs all assigned highway maintenance activities as per contract specification, within the specified response times.
- Safely and clearly establishes lane closures, providing ample warnings to road users.
- Attend incidents/accidents in a timely manner to ensure public safety.
- During winter operations ensure awareness of weather forecasts and have properly prepared to go out in the appropriate vehicle with appropriate tools and materials.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.