Your roads, your team. Linking communities and families.
Mainroad Chinook Contracting LP
An exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad Chinook Contracting LP for a capable Labourer/Weedwacker to join our team! This is a summer (May 15th – August 31st) position based out of our yard in Rocky View County, Alberta and will report to the General Manager.
Mainroad Chinook Contracting LP is contracted by Chinook Highway Operations Inc. – a partnership between SNC-Lavalin Operations & Maintenance Inc. and Acciona Concessions Canada (2008) Inc. Mainroad Chinook takes pride in providing a variety of services such as road repair, snow removal and lighting maintenance for the Southeast Stoney Trail. The Southeast Stoney Trail Project is a public-private partnership (P3) between the Alberta Government and Chinook Roads Partnership and is one of the largest single P3 highway infrastructure projects in Alberta’s history.
Mainroad Chinook Contracting is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee-owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Class 5 Driver’s License and a clean driver’s abstract is required.
- Two (2) years’ general labour experience.
- Previous weedwacking experience.
- Previous highway maintenance or construction industry experience is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations.
- Able to acquire and record accurate information on motor vehicle accidents.
- Ability to work shifts (days, afternoons), if required.
- Ability to work call-outs, weekends and overtime, if required.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Capable of performing heavy physical labour.
- Able to work within a team environment.
- Positive attitude with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Dedicated and committed.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs activities such as weedwacking, highway surface maintenance, right-of-way maintenance (fence repair, litter pick-up, grass cutting, shrub/tree maintenance, embankment repair, etc.), Additional duties could be highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance, drainage maintenance, etc.
- Uses the appropriate equipment and relevant functions of same to maximize cost effectiveness.
- Reports and records all potential or actual equipment malfunctions or needs for maintenance, repair, or cleaning on the appropriate form(s).
- Always maintains vehicles in orderly condition and keeps equipment properly serviced including but not limited to greasing and fluid levels.
- Ensures vehicles are equipped with appropriate small tools and materials to perform duties. Minor debris clean up, pot-hole repairs and minor vehicle repairs and any/all required/ planned highway maintenance activities within specification.
- Ensures all materials and tools are properly secured at all times before leaving the yard and when travelling between job locations.
- Performs all assigned highway maintenance activities as per contract specification, within the specified response times.
- Attend incidents/accidents in a timely manner to ensure public safety.
- Ensures awareness of weather forecasts and properly prepares to go out in the appropriate vehicle with appropriate tools and materials.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.