Live Local, Work Local with G&E
G&E Contracting, a local Victoria Contractor since 1979
An opportunity exists at G&E Contracting LP for a Pipe Layer/General Labourer. This is a full-time position based out G&E’s Langford yard in Victoria with jobsites in the local area, reporting to the Site Foreman.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in construction and pipe laying
- Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract is required
- Secondary school graduate is preferred
- Able to work with and around excavation equipment
- Capable of performing heavy physical labour
- Dedicated, committed and safety conscious.
- Able to work within a team environment
- Able to take direction and instructions
Job duties include the following:
- Assists with the excavation and installation of drain and sewer lines plus connections
- Working around excavation equipment and shoring systems
- Installing water/sewer and drainage utilities
- Accurately grade trenches for pipe installation
- Grading for road works
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.