In 2008, Mainroad acquired SPR Traffic Services LP (SPR), a full-service traffic management provider serving Central Vancouver Island highways, freeways, municipal roads, as well as remote site construction areas. SPR specializes in flagging, high speed lane closures, signage installation, hourly labour, and traffic management planning and in recent years have expanded services to include general roadside maintenance (litter collection, grass cutting, tree/brush maintenance), highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance, drainage maintenance, snow removal and emergency response.
Key customers are general contractors, environmental remediation and monitoring organizations, municipalities, arborists, film productions, cycling races and various community events.
SPR can supply all methods of traffic management equipment and devices:
- Arrow Board Trailers
- Cones, Delineators
- Fully Equipped Trucks
- Portable Message Boards (meet Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure specifications)
- Rental of traffic control equipment: cones, barrels, barricades, signage, barriers, lane closure trucks, buffer trucks (with truck-mounted impact attenuator), and changeable message boards
SPR provides the following traffic management related services:
- Complete traffic management services for highway, road and bridge closures and detours
- Complete traffic management services for special events and construction work zones
- Mobile patrol units and highway incident recovery
- Movie scene and commercial filming
- Traffic management planning and design: traffic control plan, incident management plan, communication plan, in accordance with provincial government standards
Emergency Transport Vehicles are equipped with occupational First Aid Level 1, 2 and 3 and the company is COR certified by the BC Construction Safety Alliance. SPR’s team of highly skilled and professional TCP’s focus on quality, consistency and safety first. The association with Mainroad has provided the opportunity to assist many of the other Mainroad Group companies in their traffic management requirements and has enabled SPR to become an efficient and knowledgeable traffic control company.