Mainroad maintains bike pathways and conducts regular patrols and monitoring of service area Provincial numbered highways, right-of-ways, and bridges. See debris or a road/bike path hazard on a Provincial Highway or Bridge Please report it! Be as descriptive as you can about the debris location. Our call centre is open 24/7! Please call 604-271-0337 or any of Mainroad’s 24 hour hotlines serving your local area.
George Massey Tunnel Shuttle for Cyclists
Cyclists are not permitted to travel through the George Massey Tunnel. A free shuttle service is available to travel safely from one side of the tunnel to the other. Or travel through the tunnel with TransLink—all buses that travel through the tunnel have racks for two bikes.
COVID-19 Protocol: Wearing a face mask is mandatory while onboard the George Massey Tunnel Shuttle. Due to the need for physical distancing, the shuttle operator is currently limiting the number of passengers per trip, but will return to pick up overflow. The operator may choose not to carry someone showing symptoms.
**Electric Bike Restrictions as per Translink Requirements:
Electric bicycles are permitted on bike racks under the following conditions:
- Weigh less than 25 kg (55 lbs).
- Wheels fit properly in the bike rack.
- The bike includes lithium battery.
- Customers must remove the battery and bring it onboard the bus.
- Scooter-style electric bikes are not permitted on bike racks. They weigh too much and don’t fit properly on the racks.
- Cyclists are responsible for properly loading and unloading their bike. Neither Mainroad nor its operating subsidiaries are liable for any property damage or bodily harm caused by loading and unloading of bikes.