24 Hour Hotline
Mainroad maintains a 24 hour hotline in each of our service areas. These hotlines are not a substitute for 911. If you encounter a road situation that requires the attention of police, fire or ambulance, please call 911 first. We encourage the public to report changing road conditions or emergency situations that could cause a hazard to the driving public such as:
- animal carcass
- drainage or flooding problems
- fallen trees
- highway or bridge damage
- pavement marking
- road debris
- sign damage
- snow and ice
Click on the areas below to view more details and service area maps.
Lower Mainland: 604-271-0337
SERVICE AREA 6
- Port Mann Bridge/Hwy. 1 – 1st Avenue to 264th St;
- Highway 91 and 91A;
- Highway 99: between Oak Street Bridge and the US Border;
- Highway 10: Hwy. 91 to Hwy. 10
- Highway 13: between Highway 1 and the US Border;
- Highway 15: between Highway 1 and the US Border;
- Highway 17: Highway 17A to BC Ferries Causeway
- Highway 17A: Highway 99 to Highway 17;
- Lougheed Highway: between Highway 1 and Ruskin;
- 8th Avenue: Highway 15 to Highway 99;
- Main Arterial Routes at UBC;
- Barnston Island.
Bridges & Tunnels
- Port Mann Bridge
- Alex Fraser Bridge
- Pattullo Bridge / Knight Street Bridge (Translink infrastructure)
- Oak Street
- Pitt River Bridge
- George Massey Tunnel
South Fraser Perimeter Road Highway 17: 604-271-0337
Between Tsawwassen and 176th Street
Mid Island: 1-877-215-6006
SERVICE AREA 2
- Service Area covering Central Vancouver Island roughly between the communities of Chemainus (North Cowichan) and Bowser (Regional District of Nanaimo).
- The southern boundary of Service Area 2 adjoins Service Area 1 on Highway 1, and the northern boundary of Service Area 2 adjoins Service Area 3 at Cook Creek Road on Highway 19 and Highway 19A.
- Trans-Canada Highway 1 and Highway 19 are the only major numbered routes running south to north on Vancouver Island.
- Service Area 2 encompasses the cities of North Cowichan (Chemainus Village), Ladysmith, Nanaimo, Lantzville, Parksville, Qualicum Beach, Port Alberni, Bamfield (unincorporated), Ucluelet and Tofino.
- Along with these cities, there are four regional districts including Cowichan Valley Regional District, Regional District of Nanaimo, Alberni Clayoquot Regional District and Powell River Regional District.
- Two Gulf Islands: Gabriola and Lasqueti
North Island: 1-877-215-7122
SERVICE AREA 3
Contains four numbered routes: Highway 19 & Highway 19A connecting the North Island Service Area with the Mid-Island Service Area 2 and at Cook Creek, Highway 28 to Gold River, and Highway 30 to Port Alice.
North Island encompasses the Comox Valley, Campbell River, Port McNeill and Port Hardy, along with the smaller municipalities of Port Alice, Alert Bay, Sayward, Gold River, Tahsis, and Zeballos. Gulf Islands: Denman, Hornby, Quadra, Cortes
East Kootenay: 1-800-665-4929
Traffic Light / Electrical Maintenance
Lower Mainland: 1-844-815-6125
East Kootenay : 1-800-840-8690
Vancouver Island: 1-800-373-4431
Other BC Highway Maintenance Contractors Public Contact Numbers
Report a Problem:
If you see a problem on a BC Highway that could be hazardous to other motorists, immediately report it to the Highway Maintenance Contractor in the area. Please be ready to provide a clear description of the problem, and location of the hazard. Visit the B.C. Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure Service Area Maps for the Highway Maintenance Contractor’s contact information. On Twitter? Tweet your concerns to @DriveBC.
Fraser Valley: 1-800-667-5122
**Note: Fraser Valley beyond 264th is maintained by Emil Anderson.
Howe Sound: 1-866-918-1010
Effective November 1, 2018, the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s Howe Sound Service Area 4 is maintained by Miller Capilano. Please contact Miller Capilano toll free at 1-866-918-1010
- Lions Gate Bridge
- Stanley Park Causeway
- TransCanada Highway #1 from Vancouver
- Just east of the Cassiar Tunnel to Horseshoe Bay
- Highway 99 from Function Junction to Duffy Lake
- Support roads around Pemberton and Mount Currie.