Mainroad Group 24 Hour Public Information Hotline(s) | BC & Alberta
Mainroad maintains a 24-hour call centre operation serving B.C. and Alberta operations. These hotlines are not a substitute for 911. If you encounter a road situation that requires the attention of police, fire or ambulance, please call 911.
We encourage the public to report changing road conditions that could cause a hazard to the travelling public. Please know that all calls are logged and passed onto local area crews. Thank you for taking the time to report feedback!
SERVICE AREA 6
- Port Mann Bridge/Hwy. 1 – 1st Avenue to 264th St;
- Highway 91 and 91A;
- Highway 99: between Oak Street Bridge and the US Border;
- Highway 10: Hwy. 91 to Hwy. 10
- Highway 13: between Highway 1 and the US Border;
- Highway 15: between Highway 1 and the US Border;
- Highway 17: Highway 17A to BC Ferries Causeway
- Highway 17A: Highway 99 to Highway 17;
- Lougheed Highway: between Highway 1 and Ruskin;
- 8th Avenue: Highway 15 to Highway 99;
- Main Arterial Routes at UBC;
- Barnston Island.
Bridges & Tunnels
- Port Mann Bridge
- Alex Fraser Bridge
- Pattullo Bridge / Knight Street Bridge (Translink infrastructure)
- Oak Street
- Pitt River Bridge
- George Massey Tunnel
South Fraser Perimeter road hwy 17
Mid vancouver Island
SERVICE AREA 2
- Service Area covering Central Vancouver Island roughly between the communities of Chemainus (North Cowichan) and Bowser (Regional District of Nanaimo).
- The southern boundary of Service Area 2 adjoins Service Area 1 on Highway 1, and the northern boundary of Service Area 2 adjoins Service Area 3 at Cook Creek Road on Highway 19 and Highway 19A.
- Trans-Canada Highway 1 and Highway 19 are the only major numbered routes running south to north on Vancouver Island.
- Service Area 2 encompasses the cities of North Cowichan (Chemainus Village), Ladysmith, Nanaimo, Lantzville, Parksville, Qualicum Beach, Port Alberni, Bamfield (unincorporated), Ucluelet and Tofino.
- Along with these cities, there are four regional districts including Cowichan Valley Regional District, Regional District of Nanaimo, Alberni Clayoquot Regional District and Powell River Regional District.
- Two Gulf Islands: Gabriola and Lasqueti
North vancouver Island
SERVICE AREA 3
Contains four numbered routes: Highway 19 & Highway 19A connecting the North Island Service Area with the Mid-Island Service Area 2 and at Cook Creek, Highway 28 to Gold River, and Highway 30 to Port Alice.
North Island encompasses the Comox Valley, Campbell River, Port McNeill and Port Hardy, along with the smaller municipalities of Port Alice, Alert Bay, Sayward, Gold River, Tahsis, and Zeballos. Gulf Islands: Denman, Hornby, Quadra, Cortes
Traffic Light / Electrical Maintenance
Other BC & Alberta Highway Maintenance Contractors Public Contact Numbers
Report a Problem:
If you see a problem on a BC or Alberta Highway that could be hazardous to other motorists, immediately report it to the Highway Maintenance Contractor in the area. Please be ready to provide a clear description of the problem, and location of the hazard.
**NOTE: Fraser Valley beyond 264th is maintained by Emil Anderson.
Effective November 1, 2018, the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s Howe Sound Service Area 4 is maintained by Miller Capilano. Please contact Miller Capilano toll free at 1-866-918-1010
- Lions Gate Bridge
- Stanley Park Causeway
- TransCanada Highway #1 from Vancouver
- Just east of the Cassiar Tunnel to Horseshoe Bay
- Highway 99 from Function Junction to Duffy Lake
- Support roads around Pemberton and Mount Currie.